This post may contain carefully selected affiliate links including Amazon Associates, that I may earn small amounts from. My About This Website page contains full details.
This kind of product is pretty hard to buy ready made, because they often use ingredients I avoid. They are also very expensive! So I decided to make some when my kids asked for buns. These can also be eaten as rolls or like bread.
- 3/4 cup cassava flour (find a brand that tests low for lead, such as Terrasoul. Amazon Associates link: https://amzn.to/4aanKtJ)
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds or psyllium husk powder
- 4 large pasture raised eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (see my low lead salt guide).
- Combine all the ingredients and mix until the dough is smooth.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts and shape each into a round ball (if the dough is sticking, coat your hands in oil and then shape the dough). You can make other shapes too. Pat the round buns down into a dome shape. Brush the buns with avocado oil and then sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- Bake at 400F for about 22-25 minutes until golden brown.
To check out new and additional posts, please visit and “like” my Facebook page:
***Thank you for visiting Clean Green Toxicant Free! I started this site simply because I want to help people and share information. I dig deep and seek the most truly non-toxic products, without bias. I am not paid to write anything and I don’t sell anything. In 2022 I became an Amazon Associate, which does NOT bias my recommendations. I may earn small dividends from purchases made after clicking my clearly labeled amazon affiliate links (even if you don’t buy those specific items), which covers the costs I pay to maintain this site. More info is on the About This Website page.***