This cookies n cream “Oreo” cake isn’t quite as healthy as my others, 🎂 but it was by request. It is vegan, slightly lower sugar and everything is organic.
This post may contain carefully selected affiliate links including Amazon Associates, that I may earn small amounts from. See the bottom of this page for more details.
Several varieties of organic or “better” cookies similar to Oreos are available. I used Newman’s Os: Amazon Associates link https://amzn.to/3OLCDdB.
I layered cake and brownies, and added the Newman’s Own cookies to both recipes. Then I sprinkled the top with more crushed cookies.
Ingredients for the Cake:
1 ¾ cups All Purpose Flour (220g) (you could experiment with a gluten free flour)
¾ cup White Granulated Sugar* (200g) (you can use coconut sugar if you’re ok with the cake being a caramel brown color)
1 tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt (see my salt guide)
1 cup non-dairy milk or water
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
⅓ cup Coconut Oil, melted
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
To make it a Cookies n Cream Oreo cake, crumble/ crush chocolate sandwich cookies and add to the batter just before adding to pans. I used about half a package of Newman‘s Own brand of cookies. I used the rest of the cookies in the brownie layer and crumbled on top.
• Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease two 7-inch round cake pans (or one 8 inch round, or three 6 inch pans) with coconut oil. If you’re ok with using parchment paper, cut it into circles to fit the bottoms.
• Sift the flour into a large bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt. Mix together.
• Add the water, vanilla, oil and vinegar and mix with a hand whisk of spoon until just combined.
• Divide the batter evenly between your prepared cake pans.
• Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cakes comes out clean.
• Let the cakes cool in the pans for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Optional Blondie Brownies:
2 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (if you want chocolate brownies, substitute ¾ c of the flour with cocoa powder. See my chocolate guide for low-lead options.
1 ½ cups white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt (see my salt guide)
1 cup water
1 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Crumbled Oreos can be added to the batter just before baking. Or, submerge whole Oreos into the batter.
• Mix dry ingredients together, then add wet ingredients until just combined.
• Pour into pan (if you’re using this as a cake layer, use the same size pan as the cake. Depending on your desired thickness, you might have extra batter you can bake and eat on the side.
• Bake in the preheated oven until top is no longer shiny, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into 16 squares.
Vegan, Lower Sugar Decorating Frosting
See my frosting recipe here.
To check out new and additional posts, please visit and “like” my Facebook page. Thanks!
***Thank you for visiting Clean Green Toxicant Free! I started this site simply because I want to help people and share information. I dig deep and seek the most truly non-toxic products, without bias. I am not paid to write anything and I don’t sell anything. In 2022 I became an Amazon Associate, which does NOT bias my recommendations. I may earn small dividends from purchases made after clicking my clearly labeled amazon affiliate links (even if you don’t buy those specific items), which covers the costs I pay to maintain this site. More info is on my About page.***