This post is NOT sponsored in any way, and I don’t sell any products such as MLM.
This post may contain Amazon Associates affiliate links, that I may earn small amounts from if you click them. See the bottom of this page for more details. This doesn’t create bias because I’m not creating my recommendations based on a payment from specific products.
I’m 40, and began doing pageants at age 39. After years of severe lack of self care, wanted to find myself again, show that non-toxic products can be used for high glam settings, use pageants as a platform to volunteer more and broaden the range of audiences for my non-toxic endeavors.
As I researched and tried out different beauty products for myself, I realized I should share what I learned with others.
I don’t like to use the term “anti aging” because aging is something to celebrate. After all, don’t we all want to get old? However, the desire to look good is partly instinctual, and feeling confident in how we look affects how we interact with others, and our mental health.
It’s important to maintain a balance with vanity, and not delve into obsession with your looks. Remember that it’s an option to not use any of these beauty products, and instead spend your time in other ways. Although I perhaps got a bit overzealous in trying out different products for this post, I actually spend very little time using any beauty or anti aging products or treatments, very rarely wear any makeup, and when I do it’s minimal (I’ll have a post detailing that).
There are easy ways we can have that balance and enhance youthful characteristics in natural ways to avoid toxic products, Botox, fillers, and surgery.
This will be an 8 part series so stay tuned! The posts will have both videos and additional written material.
This first video is an intro to the whole series, skincare and exfoliation tips, and more background at the end.
Video is available on Facebook or here:
Skincare Tips and Products I Use:
This section contains everything I mentioned in the video, plus more.
Not every product from any given brand is the same level of toxicity, so be sure to check ingredients in you’re interested in other products than the specific ones listed.
1. Don’t overwash or strip all the oil off your skin with harsh toners.
2. Don’t use coconut oil on your face as it can clog pores! Here is a post I wrote about it. And I know this is surprising, but over time it can be drying if used on the body. Instead, I use Shea butter on my body and sometimes my face. Here is a product I use: https://amzn.to/48A3aRQ (all links that look like this are Amazon Associates links).
3. Blog post on how I cured acne here.
4. Exfoliating tools mentioned in the video. I use each of them once or twice a week:
Schick Hydro Silk Dermaplaning Wand: https://amzn.to/3TUmDsf. It’s also helpful for unclogging pores on the nose; just be careful to avoid the sharp tip cutting you.
Skin Scrubber Face Spatula, 4 Modes Skin Spatula Blackhead Remover Pore Cleaner: https://amzn.to/3vrkTg2
5. Use only the most non-toxic products on your skin. Everything you put on your skin is absorbed into your body, including toxicants. This may be even more harmful than ingesting toxicants, because at least in that case it goes to through your digestive system which is meant to filter out some toxins.
Skin oils: Valentia, Leahlani elixirs, Earthley deep healing oil, Acure, Beauty by Earth https://amzn.to/48LiPxU
Face wash: Believe it or not, I currently don’t use a face wash; I just use water with a soft organic washcloth. I used to do oil cleansing; many easy recipes can be found on other sites. My husband uses Acure Seriously Soothing Cleansing Cream, so sometimes I use it too: https://amzn.to/3TS2l2K
Body Lotion: Shea butter https://amzn.to/48A3aRQ, Carina Organics baby lotion or Acure Seriously Soothing (from Amazon or thrive market).
Retinol alternative: Acure Radically Rejuvenating bakuchiol serum: https://amzn.to/3tWQEcj. Rose Hip is another alternative to retinol.
Toner: Carina Organics
Here is my “Master List” post where I detail even more products I use.
Upcoming Posts in This Series:
1. Intro, Skincare, Cleansing, and Exfoliating. Additional background story at end.
4. Hair Volume and Curls Without Toxic Products.
5. Least Toxic Teeth Whitening Options that Work.
6. Least Toxic Artificial Nails.
7. Non-Toxic Cellulite Solutions.
8. Beauty Treatments I Refuse to Use.
Please visit and “like” my Facebook page. Thanks!
***Thank you for visiting Clean Green Toxicant Free! I started this site simply because I want to help people and share information. I dig deep and seek the most truly non-toxic products, without bias. I am not paid to write anything and I don’t sell anything. In 2022 I became an Amazon Associate, which does NOT bias my recommendations. I may earn small dividends from purchases made after clicking my clearly labeled affiliate links (even if you don’t buy those specific items), which covers the costs I pay to maintain this site. More info is on the About This Website page.***